- Manage subscriptions 24/7
- Update your contact details
- Check on-sale dates
- View your remaining issues
- Renew your subscription
Contribution Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for supporters of the Big Issue Changing Lives Community Interest Company (BICLCIC)
1.1 To financially contribute to, or fundraise for, the Big Issue Changing Lives Community Interest Company (BICLCIC) by gifting money or by organising your own event, activity or challenge, you must agree to the terms and conditions below. These terms constitute the fundraising agreement between BICLCIC and you, as a supporter.
2. Financial contributions
2.1 When you make a financial contribution to BICLCIC, 100% of the money goes towards funding the work of our frontline team. Our frontline team support vendors and other individuals we work with to earn, learn and thrive, creating opportunities to earn and find employment. They also support individuals with the basics to get back on their feet, in areas such as Housing, Health & Wellbeing and Financial & Digital training and support.
You can read more about how our frontline team supports individuals via the FAQ section on our website.
2.2 As a CIC we are unable to collect Gift Aid on any gifted funds.
3. Planning an event, activity or challenge
3.1 As BICLCIC is a CIC, not a Charity we no longer organise our own fundraising events, nor have the capacity to support external fundraising events.
3.2 Anyone organising their own fundraising event, activity or challenge for BICLCIC must be aged 18 or over by the Event Date. If children are involved in any events, I will check that the child's parent/guardian has given their permission for their child to take part. I will carry out appropriate background checks if adults are to have unsupervised access to children.
3.4 I understand that the fundraising event, activity or challenge I’m organising is in aid of BICLCIC. I understand that:
a. The event, activity or challenge is my responsibility (including but not limited to all costs and liability) and BICLCIC bears no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the event. The event, activity or challenge won’t be covered by BICLCIC’s insurance programme. If appropriate, I will arrange my own insurance and will make sure that contractors and external facilities used can demonstrate evidence or the relevant insurance cover.
b. If taking part in an active challenge, I confirm that I am medically fit and acknowledge and agree that I participate in the challenge at my own risk. BICLCIC shall not be responsible or liable for injury, illness or death resulting from my participation and I need to arrange my own insurance.
c. I am responsible for the health and safety of all involved in my event, activity or challenge.
d. I am responsible for ensuring food hygiene and ensuring that I have the relevant licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if selling alcohol at the event.
4.1 I will use my best endeavours to generate contributions for BICLCIC in connection with my participation in the event.
4.2 I understand and will make clear to those who support my fundraising that any money I send into BICLCIC will be treated as a contribution towards their work with vendors.
4.3 Contributions are not generally refundable, even if the event does not take place.
4.4 I will forward all monies raised to BICLCIC either by cash, cheque, or via an online giving provider such as Just Giving Crowdfunding no later than four weeks after the event.
4.5 I will comply with all laws, rules, regulations, codes, policies and guidance that may apply to my fundraising (including, without limit, in respect of fundraising, data protection and health and safety and the Fundraising Regulator Code of Fundraising Practice). I will only use lawful means to fundraise for BICLCIC and will not bring the CIC's name into disrepute. I will observe the following fundraising rules and I will comply with any further rules and requirements about fundraising of which BICLCIC may notify me:
• I will not use BICLCIC or any associated Big Issue logo without first obtaining permission from BICLCIC and will allow BICLCIC to approve any materials produced whether printed or online.
• I will tell event attendees that I am raising money “in aid of” BICLCIC and will not represent that I am raising money on behalf of BICLCIC. I will not put undue pressure on people to contribute, intrude on a person's privacy, or do anything that may harm the reputation of BICLCIC or act in a manner contrary to BICLCIC's values.
• I will not incur nor am I authorised to incur any cost, claim, loss or liability on behalf of BICLCIC.
• I will contact BICLCIC before conducting any raffle, lottery or public event, and comply with any guidance, guidelines or insurance and legal requirements issued by BICLCIC in connection with this kind of event.
• I will obtain approval from BICLCIC before approaching press or celebrities to support my event and will keep any fundraising non-political.
• I will secure the necessary approvals prior to undertaking street collections or collections on private property. House-to-house collections are not permitted.
• I will act honestly in all aspects of fundraising and deal with all contributors courteously.
• I will ensure that I take responsibility for the safe keeping of money raised in BICLCIC 's name, both during and after the collections, until it is transferred to BICLCIC and I will:
• If relevant, send BICLCIC my completed sponsor forms with details of the names, addresses and amounts given or pledged by all sponsors, no later than 4 weeks after my event. Please note that we will not contact your sponsors.
• I will ensure that contributions of £20 or more made by cheque are payable to 'The Big Issue in Scotland Limited' and ensure that these cheques are sent to BICLCIC no later than 3 weeks after issue.
• If relevant, set up a JustGiving Crowdfunding page to collect contributions for BICLCIC. When setting up your crowdfunding page you can add our bank details so that all contributions come directly to us:
Bank Account Name: The Big Issue in Scotland Limited
Sort code: 80-11-80
Account No. 00141135
Bank: Bank of Scotland Plc
I confirm I have read, understood and agree to all the terms and conditions set out above, and understand BICLCIC may terminate our relationship if I am in breach of any of the terms and conditions.
We recommend that you print and keep a copy of this agreement with a note of the date on which you accepted its terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Individual Giving Manager through email@example.com Many thanks for your support and good luck with your fundraising!